Thursday 5 May 2011

Creating my slides

Since i knew my animation had to be around 20-30 seconds it was easy to work out my frame rate, after a little bit of thinking and research, i decided my animation was going to be set at 12FPS. This means i would need a total of 240 images if my animation was to be 20 seconds long, and 360 images if my animation was to be 30 seconds long. 

For the beginning of my animation i wanted the bird to be looking around in hope that someone would come and make his dream become reality. 

x 4


x4

Then repeat...
I didn't want the bird to look like it was turning its head really fast, i wanted it to look more of a curious glance. This is why i had to use more frames, i tried with the idea of using less frames but the speed wasn't correct.

I then went on to look into a way of engaging the audience into my story before they have seen the whole animation. Since i didn't want any type in my animation i found the best way to do this was to show what the bird is thinking.


x2


x2


x2


x2


x2



I then decided to alternate the dance scenes over and over to give the feel of movement. I think this scene worked very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment