Thursday 5 May 2011

Flying

This was the bit i was dreading the most as i knew i would find it difficult to give a smooth sign of movement and for the animation not to look jumpy.

I first of all began by thinking about the movement of a birds wings.


  • Up
  • Side
  • Down
  • Side
  • Up

I'd also needed to show movement across the screen as well as the bird moving down the screen. To show movement across the screen i decided to use a cloud, which i could put into different positions on the screen depending on the movement of the birds wings.

After much confusion this is what i came up with...
And I'm still not sure its right!



Up x2


Side x2


Down x2

Again these were scanned in drawings which i then draw again in Illustrator and coloured in Photoshop. I decided to use the cloud as a way of showing movement by moving it from left to right. I hope when this is all put together in my animation it will work smoothly.



No comments:

Post a Comment