Sunday 27 February 2011

Paper flowers...

I quite like the idea of using flowers as my repetitive pattern, i decided to have a go at making some of my own paper forms and this is my outcome.

I didn't really know where to start for this idea, so it was a case of trial and error. After a bit of playing around with different techniques,folds and cuts i found the most successful route. I started off by using one A5 sheet of white card and drawing a swirl ready to be cut out, then with alot of time and patience carefully constructed the rose. This is my final outcome...



This is the beginning of the rose, i then carefully twisted and sculpted the swirl to create the final outcome. Every now and then stitching pieces together in order for it to stay in this form.




I also had a try at making a different paper form...



This was my second attempt at a flower, for this idea i had to use 4 A5 sheets of white paper, by folding the paper into a simple concertina to create the final outcome.  I definitely think these forms look better 3D than they do photographed. If i was to develop this idea i would try using different lighting to see what different effects i could create to get the most out of this idea, and maybe try using different coloured paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment