Sunday 27 February 2011

Workshop 2

For the second workshop with Richard Sweeney the concept was pretty much the same just with a few less limitations. We were now allowed to use bigger sheets of paper, glue, sellotape, staples etc to keep the form together.  Although i found it easier to hold a structure with the paper i found it harder to think up new techniques and ideas. I decided to  develop my previous ideas and see what i could produce. After alot of messing around this is my outcome. 

I first of all started off with an A5 piece of paper cutting similar size strips...



I then went on to try rolling the paper to see what kind of effects i could create, this particular form reminds me that of a shell. I quite like this idea but think it is lacking in some structure.


I think the form looks like it has more depth from this particular angle...


Keeping with the original piece of paper i decided to see if i could develop the same idea further by adding more twists and folds. I found this worked out pretty well and the sculpture began to show more depth.







No comments:

Post a Comment