Thursday 17 February 2011

Richard Sweeney

I wanted to know more about Richard's work as i thought it would help me feel more inspired to begin creating my own 3D paper sculptures. After looking through several blog posts and examples of his work, i was not disappointed. I love the effortless finish to Richard Sweeneys work,  his work is both inspiring and visually beautiful. Something i can only inspire to create.





During the workshop Richard spoke about how nature really inspired the ideas behind his work.  The twists, folds and asymmetric look to this sculpture reminds me of that throughout nature. This particular piece reminds me of a wave or the delicate folds and pleats of a flower.




One of my favourite pieces by richard is this of a cardboard figurine. As effortlessly beautiful the folds, pleats and curve of his paper sculptures are, there is something about this edgy figurine i love.











No comments:

Post a Comment