Sunday 3 April 2011

Generating Ideas

After researching into different types of animation i then started to think about my own final piece. I first of all started by putting my chosen music onto my ipod, this way i could get a feel for the song whenever i wanted. I feel this was very helpful as it meant i could listen to the song in a range of different situations and environments, therefore coming up with a range of different ideas and outcomes.


Below are a few pages from my sketchbook, in which i created after listening to my chosen music in different environments, situations and moods. 



After writing down my initial thoughts into my sketchbook, i now have to start my idea generation, in which i have to pick 3 words to base my 20-30 second animation around. While listening to the music i was reminded of being on holiday or somewhere in the sun. I think this piece of music most reminds me of Brazil or Africa and would quite like to use this as one of my main focus points for my animation.

Research on Brazil 




I decided to get some background knowledge on Brazil as i found this was the best way to start my research process, doing this has helped me generate more ideas towards my final piece. I especially love all the bright colours used within Brazil and the factor of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment