Friday 1 April 2011

Animation research

Starting to get a feel for the project...
I have never done animation before so i decided it was a good idea to get some research of different types of animation to help me with my own animation series.

Here are a range of different animated techniques i could use for my final piece.

Stop Motion


After looking through the internet & youtube for different stop motion videos, i came across this one by Christophe Collette. An award winning cinematographer, created entirely in stop motion.  Although the video appears quite morbid throughout due to the settings and colours used, it is impossible not to watch the whole animation through. Amazing!

Hand Drawn


I came across this video on youtube while watching hand drawn animation videos by Donato Sansone, his videos are weird and a little bit twisted but follow a very similar theme. I cant find the artist behind this bit of work, but i assume they were inspired by Donato Sansone. I love the effect behind this, it gives a whole different feel to hand drawn animation and is definitely one i want to look into more.

Computer Animation


Of course when people think of computer animation they immediately think of Disney Pixar. I came across the original video of 'For the Birds', i remember this video from a few years back. I quite like the ideas of using birds in my final piece as i think you can use them in a range of different situations and with a range of personalities. 

Thaumatrope



This is a very simple form of animation, it is basically a circular piece of card with a piece of string attached to both sides and a drawing on the front and back of the piece of card. The card is then twirled backward and forwards, creating an illusion, very simple! I may have a go of creating one of these myself as part of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment