Wednesday 9 March 2011

Celebrate

While reading through the brief over and over, i noticed the main word stressed throughout was 'celebrate'. I then started to think of, what things do i celebrate? Or, what do i normally do to celebrate? 


Here are a few examples of what the word celebration means to me...
(documented in sketchbook)


'To observe (a day) or commemorate (an event) with ceremonies or festivities'
http://dictionary.reference.com
  • Fireworks
  • Balloons
  • Parties
  • Cake
  • Champagne
  • Bright colours
  • Laughter
I then went on to get some secondary research of things i associate with celebrating...


Balloons- I especially love this picture, everyone looks happy and full of celebration. The balloons also look as if they have been let go at one particular moment, as if to celebrate.


Fireworks- I quite like the idea of fireworks for my final piece, colourful, bright and always a sign of celebration.



Cake- I love this picture of a cake, it reminds me of a present, two of the main things given to a person in order of celebration. I am going to look into using the idea of a cake/present for my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment