Friday 4 March 2011

Final Idea

Finally! I have created my final paper sculpture, after several pin pricks later...




I firstly needed to created the flowers, i decided to use a previous flower i created (see below blog).


To create the flower i needed 6 A5 pieces of paper and one piece of string, placing the pieces of paper one on top of the other i then went on to form a concertina in which i tied together with a piece of string.


After i had created a few concertinas to get me started, it was then time to start constructing the flower... 
In order to do this i had to pull each piece of paper in the concertina towards the middle, this creates a ruffle effect which looks like the flowers petals.
Once you have done this to all 6 pieces of paper on both sides this is your outcome...


I then went on to create lots of the same design, ready for them all the be stitched together!

I then decided in order for the form to have the best shape and chance of staying together i needed to make a form to attach each flower too. I kept with the theme of the concertina but this time made 4 A4 sized concertinas. I then attached them together in a an 'X' shape.



This left me with a bases to work on so i could then add the flowers.

Getting into the idea.


This is the start of my flower bomb, i quite like the idea of still being able to see the concertina,  i just need to decide whether or not to continue adding more flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment